Parentalk Course date


Dear Parents & Guardians,

I am the Families and Children Worker employed by the Parish of Rayleigh. There are two sides to my role, church based and community work. I oversee the church families' and children's work. I am also available to support families in the community of any faith or none. As part of this role I have undergone training in listening and in working with parents and groups. 

As part of my community facing work I will be running the Parentalk - the Primary Years course in November. This is a course that was produced by the charity Care for the Family. 

Parentalk is about helping mums and dads to do the best job they can. It is a space to talk about issues relating to parenting children under 11 years. it covers six topics: 'It's not just me'; 'Love them and let them know it'; 'It's good to talk'; 'Boundaries and battles'; 'Parenting with elastic' and 'Creating a sense of belonging'.

The course will run on Thursday mornings from 2nd to 30th November between 9.30 and 11.30am. It will be held in the Parish Centre behind Holy Trinity Church, Rayleigh. There is no cost for participating in the course,

Although we are a church the course does not have Christian content. It is just about helping parents and demonstrating that we care.

If you are interested, please email me to let me know so that I have an idea of numbers. I have attached a poster for your information. 



Cara Parker




Comments